How We Use Your Information
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account with us or sign up to use our Services, fill out a subscription form, purchase our Services, apply for a job, communicate with us via third-party social media sites, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, phone number, company, role, and any other information you choose to provide.
Information About Your Use of the Services
Automatically Collected Information
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We collect log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, app version, access times, page viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, including cookies. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular and count visits.
We may also use personal information about you to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, to analyze Site usage, to improve our content and product offerings, and to customize the Site's content, layout, and services. These uses improve the Site and better tailor it to meet your needs, so as to provide you with a smooth, efficient, safe and customized experience while using the Site.
If you wish to subscribe to our newsletters, we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you. Out of respect for your privacy, we provide you a way to unsubscribe in the email. If you wish to no longer receive our newsletters you may update the settings in your account, follow the instructions located in the email, or you may contact us at email@example.com.
What Information Do We Collect?
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information from you is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. This allows us to provide services and features that most likely meet your needs, and to customize our service to make your experience safer and easier. We only collect personal information about you that we consider necessary for achieving this purpose.
In general, you can browse the Site without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. Once you become a User, we require you to provide various contact and identity information, billing information, and other personal information as indicated on the relevant forms on the Site (which vary, depending on what kind of User you are), and you are no longer anonymous to us. Where possible, on these forms we indicate which fields are required and which fields are optional.
You always have the option to not provide information by choosing not to become a User or by not using the particular feature of the Site for which the information is being collected.
If you disclose personal information that is retained by Fortay and wish to have it removed, please contact us at the support contact information listed below and posted on the Site.
Use of Information
We use the information we collect to provide, maintain, and improve our Services, such as to deliver and customize the Services, administer customers’ accounts, and communicate with customers about our Services and other products or services that may be of interest.
We may also use the information we collect to:
- monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with the Services;
- detect, investigate, and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Fortay and others;
- determine what products you and others might be interested in order to craft solutions to business problems; and
- track communication preferences, so that communications are aligned with your wishes, including requests to not be contacted; and
- combine your information with other information that is available to us, including information from other sources.
Sharing of Information
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Fortay or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among Fortay and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership;
- With your consent or at your direction;
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Fortay strives to protect your personal information. For example, to safeguard application data, Fortay uses restrictive firewalls to protect stored data and uses High Grade SSL ciphers to encrypt data transferred between you and the Services. The encryption process protects your information, by scrambling it before it is sent to us from your computer. Once Fortay receives your transmission, we make commercially reasonable efforts to ensure its security on our system. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot warrant the security of any information you transmit to us.
Transfer of Information
Fortay is based in Canada and we process and store information in Canada. We will take steps to ensure that your personal data receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it. If you are in the European Economic Area ("EEA"), we provide adequate protection for the transfer of personal data seeing as the privacy laws of Canada are in accordance with those of the EEA.
Residents of the European Economic Area
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), you have certain rights and protections under the law regarding the processing of your personal data.
Legal Basis for Processing
If you are a resident of the EEA, when we process your personal data, we will only do so under the following circumstances:
- In order to perform our responsibilities under a contract with our customers, such as by providing the Fortay services you requested; or
- We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data, such as to send you communications about products or services that may interest you.
Data Subject Requests
f you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to access personal data we hold about you and to ask that your personal data be corrected, erased, or transferred. You may also have the right to object to, or request that we restrict, certain processing. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, you should contact your employer who uses our services. You may also contact us using the contact information below to exercise these rights but be advised that we are not the controller of the data and will refer you to your employer or potential employer who is the administrator of Fortay, and who is also the controller of the data being collected. For more information on the meaning of "Controller" and "Processor" under GDPR, you may visit this link https://www.gdpreu.org/the-regulation/key-concepts/data-controllers-and-processors/
Questions or Concerns
If you are a resident of the EEA and have a concern about our processing of personal data that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data privacy authority where you reside. For contact details of your local Data Protection Authority, please see Article 29 (http://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm).
Correcting and Updating Your Personal Information
To review and update your personal information to ensure it is accurate, you may login into your account to make the changes, or you may contact us at contact@Fortay.co.
Additional Policy Information
If you click on a link to a third-party site, you will leave the Fortay site and go to the site you selected. If you elect to use a third-party product or service in conjunction with Fortay, you yourself enter into a license agreement with the third party for use of their product or service and their use of your data. Because we cannot control the activities of third parties, we cannot accept responsibility for any use of your personally identifiable information by such third parties, and we cannot guarantee that they will adhere to the same privacy practices as Fortay. We encourage you to review the privacy statements of any other service provider from whom you request services. If you visit a third party website that is linked to a Fortay site, you should read that site’s privacy statement before providing any personally identifiable information.
With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you want your testimonial removed, please contact us at contact@Fortay.co.
When a customer chooses to close an account, we will remove your information from our application servers upon request or at a time of at our discretion in order to facilitate the ongoing operation of our servers.
Notification of Privacy Statement Changes
We may update this privacy statement to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make any material changes we will notify you by email (sent to the email address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on this Site prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
It is our goal to make our privacy practices easy to understand. If you have questions, concerns or if you would like more detailed information, please email our privacy officer at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Edited on 2018-05-25